Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meet the Family

“Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.”  ~Isaiah 1:17

Tonight, I am writing a guest post for my brother and my sister-in-law.  Tiffany works as a paralegal in Mooresville, where Ken serves in law enforcement.  I am writing, because they are far too busy with all of the wonderful and exciting new things that God has blessed them with.  Most of you reading this post already know Ken & Tiffany, but for those of you who may not here is a quick introduction.  While they have only been married a few months, their relationship began almost a decade ago.  They both told me they couldn’t wait to get married and start a family!  I was thrilled!  Honestly, I’ve been dying for my brother to get some payback, for my kids to have cousins.  I had hoped that they would get pregnant right away and we’d have a new baby in the family before their first anniversary.  In the meantime, my own family was called to a mission project of sorts (you can read all about it here www.mommasmonkey.blogspot.com if you like).  We were being called to host an orphan from Ukraine for 5 weeks this summer.  His name is Roman and he is amazing!  I restarted my blog with the stories of our mission with Roman.  This is where “my story” ends and Ken & Tiffany’s begins. 
Ken & Tiffany are parents-to-be!!  That’s right, you heard me, future Mom & Dad, in more ways than one.  Now pick your jaw up off the floor.  Let me clarify, for those of you that dozed off a little in the middle.  Ken & Tiffany are going to adopt a 15 yr. old boy, named Roman from Ukraine AND they are expecting the birth of their first child!   “WHAT?!?  How did this happen?” – I hear you all screaming.  Well, be patient and I will tell you.  Remember I told you that Ken & Tiffany have been together for nearly a decade and that they hoped to start a family right away.  Well God had such an amazing journey planned for them and gave them both His blessing!  Kenny knew almost immediately after reading my first blog post that God was calling him to be a father to this boy he had never met.  He wrestled with whether it was right or if it was even something he wanted, but was overwhelmed by this feeling that this is what he MUST do.  He admits that he knew Tiffany would be his biggest obstacle, not knowing how she felt about adoption.  Tiffany was looking forward to meeting Roman (but did not have any expectations) and invited our family up to celebrate Kenny’s birthday.  We all had a wonderful time, but it was getting late and we needed to go.  I had all the crew loaded in the van and was saying goodbye when Roman hopped out of the van.  He ran over and hugged Tiffany & Kenny.  And that was it, one hug and she was hooked.  She cried all the way to work the next day.  They both prayed about it individually, still not knowing how the other felt.  By the time they had a chance to talk, God had planted seeds so deep in both their hearts that they were certain of His will.  About a week later, they found out that they were expecting!  We aren’t allowed to share too many details about Roman, but I just have to tell you, that Roman and the baby could share a birthday!  I am one excited Auntie!!  Please join me in praising God for bringing this family together.  Please pray for them also, they will have a LOT to do in a very short amount of time.  They will also need to raise funds to bring Roman home.  Here is where you can help.  Every little bit helps, so if you can, please donate.  Also, would you please share their story with your friends, coworkers, family, and church?  Ask them to pray, to donate, and to share as well.  We can’t wait to bring Roman home and to tell him about all the people that helped to make that possible.  We will update here as we meet deadlines and fundraising goals so you can follow our progress.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes and God speed for this very special child.

    ReplyDelete